Rio experienced his first snow in December – initially he was quite confused by all the white stuff but soon got to enjoy racing around in it & learning how to catch snowballs. Radar, of course, is a snow veteran & seemed rather put out that there wasn’t more!!!
The 12th December saw us all at Rio’s final show of the year…the Ladies Kennel Association Championship Show which was held at the NEC in Birmingham. As I’m still trying to get my nerves under control when in the ring, Lynn offered to handle him for me which was fantastic & she did an absolutely brilliant job…plus it was great for me to actually see the little chap in action!! Clever Lynn managed to get our precious pup yet another 2nd place…wow…we’re all so proud of him…& her! Here are all the judging critiques for the shows where he managed to achieve 1st or 2nd i.e. multi-qualifying him for Crufts!! (in addition to the below, he also managed 2 VHC!!):
- Paignton, 3rd August 2010 (Judge – Mr G Upton), SECOND – 6 months, nice head, good neck and shoulders, good topline, moved well, just needs a lot of time.
- Bournemouth, 15th August 2010 (Judge – Mrs R Da Silva), FIRST – Charming puppies, both for whom the future bodes well. 7 month old baby giving his handler a hard time. Sweet expression, elegant in outline and well balanced. Moved well once settled. Won the class on a better infill of forechest.
- Richmond,12th September 2010 (Judge – Mr Frank H Whyte), FIRST – A 7 month baby with good head and eye, good bone and feet, good depth of rib and well muscled quarters, promising but needs time to put it all together and firm up in outline.
- HVC, 3rd October 2010 (Judge – Mrs G Burgoin), FIRST & RES. BEST PUPPY IN SHOW - Well proportioned at 8m but difficult to assess (nerves travelling down the lead!). Moved close behind.
- Gundog Society of Wales, 13th October 2010 (Judge – Mrs Donna Holman), SECOND – Nice young dog and with pleasing balance, good topline on move, not as settled as 1.
- LKA, 12th December 2010 (Judge – Mrs R Herbert), SECOND – 10 mths, loved him for type, lovely head and neck, correct angulation, super feet, moved very well in profile but pinning a bit from behind. Unlucky to meet 1.
Now, to give you a break from reading, here's a few photos:
|Personalize your own free slideshow design|